Monday 24 September 2007

A short hiatus

If it appears that I've been a little quiet recently, its because I've been on my (delayed) honeymoon and have emigrated to Sydney, Australia from London, England.

I'm also in the process of writing a science fiction short story based on Eve Online. You'd think that never having played the game would be a disadvantage, but as it turns out, I'm basing it in a near future featuring Eve Online, as opposed to in the universe of Eve Online. Its inspired by comments made by Hilmar Peterssun in the presentations on Eve Online and online worlds at the Edinburgh Interactive Festival that I attended recently. Its taking shape in a way that I feel is good enough to publish in a real science fiction magazine.

So I'd be interested in any comments on which magazines would be the most interested and whether anyone reading this has any experience submitting unsolicited manuscripts for publication.

Edit: Looks like Interzone has an email submission window coming up.

No comments: